Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Hasta La Vista Wood Paneling!

I am in love with our new bedroom and I am so happy to say 'so long!' to the dark, orange-y, wood paneled walls. It is with open arms that I welcome our fresh, bright, clean and cottage-y new walls!  It is amazing the difference a can of paint can make. I've said that before I am sure!  Here is the room in all its dark and  moody (not the mysterious, cool kind of moody, but the grungy and grumpy kind) un-glory...


After priming the wood paneling, painting the trim and giving the whole room two coats of  'Creamy White' by Behr, the room looks like this...





It really feels SO much better now! It has a lovely light feeling and the painted, wood paneled wall adds so much character to the room. Even though it was so annoying to paint, I'm so glad we have it! Everything else in the room we already had, so all this change cost us was the cost of the paint. Not bad! We still may add some more art and we have yet to hang the mirror above our dresser, but for now we've got a few things up including these adorable pictures of our son...


The drapes and woven blinds we had previously so up they went and for a curtain rod we just used one left behind by the previous owners. It used to be white and didn't look so great, but I used some leftover black spray paint on it and now it doesn't look too bad! Look at the pretty view we get out our window (you can't tell in the picture but you can also see the amazing mountains)...


Here's one last before and after...
And so with that I shall leave you with a sneak peek of some red trim...


Exciting! We just have to let our cupboards harden for a few more days before we put them up and then our kitchen will be done for now. I can't wait to see it put together! Alright, it's off the library with us. I think our little guy is so bored of being inside while we do work around the house. I think we'll all enjoy this outing!

11 comments:

  1. That is amazing-- the room is now gorgeous. I will save the link to this post for the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayli! We're pretty happy with the change!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely, incredible Jaimie and Patrick! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The baby is missing in the after picture! What happened?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! The only thing that is better about the before.

      Delete
  4. I love that new color. Great redo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was really a beautiful show house. It's nice to see the pictures and take in every detail, thank for your share...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Check Out Your URL find this More hints click resources see this page see here

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...