Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Start of Spring

We have had a lovely beginning to our Spring here. It has been busy (but not too busy) and full of wonderful, spring-y things. Spring Break was at the end of March and we went up to Fort St. James to visit my sister and her little family for a week. It was our first time there and we had a wonderful time. We did so much during our visit- had a private tour of the Historic Park, visited a farm and a baby calf, did some nice walks, crafted, knitted, watched Seinfeld, played with the babies, ate delicious food, did a silly photo shoot and of course, just soaked up each other's company.

At the Historic Park on our tour.


My sister and I dressed up at the Historic Park. We are cheesy.
Visiting the first new calf of the season at a friend's farm.

When we got back home from our trip I did a lot of work in our yard and got some seeds started. I always come back from visiting my sister all inspired to get things happening in our yard. She always has such a pretty and functional garden. This year she had all her seeds started on her kitchen table and it got me all excited to get home and get things going for us! I am lucky to have the help of my Father-in-law, Neil, who is also an amazing gardener. He has really helped set me up for the year. While we were away he and my Mother-in-law, Dee, house/cat sat for us and he created a little garden center in our workshop for me.



Aren't I lucky!? I have since moved the lettuce and geraniums outside. The lettuce are in a cold frame (also brought by Neil) and the geraniums are out during the days and in at night to get used to the outdoors.

We've also been enjoying time just hanging outside. We had a long streak of gorgeous, sunny weather. Parker is so happy when he can explore the outdoors.




For Easter, our town put on a big Easter Egg Hunt for all of the kids, so we took Parker. It was his first egg hunt and he seemed to have fun. He met a little guy just a couple of months older and he and Parker shared eggs. They also thought it was a good idea to collect pebbles along with the eggs.



And that about wraps up the start of our spring. Like I said, it has been a wonderful season so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...