Thursday, August 18, 2011

Baby Room Progress

It's hard to believe that we are already halfway through August! I feel as though time has been flying by so fast lately. I am also just about halfway through my pregnancy. In less than a week I will be 20 weeks and that seems so crazy! We have started to work on the baby's room and I am excited to show you some of our progress! There is still work to do, but I'm glad we have made a decent start.

So, here is the room before...


We were totally blessed and given a crib and the curtains we already had, so we could check those off of our list right away. Our next step was to paint the room. Since we aren't finding out if we are having a boy or a girl we needed to choose a neutral colour and we decided on green. After comparing some paint swatches we picked out a yellow-green called 'Cabbage Patch' by CIL. However, we had it colour matched and mixed into the Behr paint and primer in one. Here is Patrick at work painting the room... (there was one dark chocolate brown wall, but since we used the paint and primer in one, it only took two coats to cover).


And here is the room after two coats of paint...


I am really happy with how the colour turned out. I feel like it isn't too bright, but it is still such a happy shade of green! The next thing we added to the room was a dresser/change table. My parents very kindly decided that they would like to buy us a change table. So, we started to do some research and after looking at several different change tables, we decided we would like to go with a dresser from Ikea. The one we picked is the 3-drawer Hemnes and it looks like this...
The dresser is big enough that it will fit a change pad mattress on top and we will also have a decent amount of storage in the drawers (there is also a large closet in the room). Plus, we can use the dresser as our child grows up. Another big plus of this dresser is that it was very reasonably priced at $169. A lot of the change tables we looked at were upwards of $250. Anyway, so we picked up the Hemnes on our way home from a visit to Kelowna a couple of weeks ago. Here is a picture of Pat setting it up...


And here is the dresser all set up. You can also see that we changed the layout of the room. We liked the way this looked a bit better.


I think that is where I will leave things today! We have actually done some more work to the room, but this post would definitely be way too long if I included them all- I've had a productive last couple of days! Let's hope it keeps up!

8 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...